Undocumented and Immigrant students are welcomed and supported at Explore Charter School!
We are happy to announce that our winners of the Popcornolpolis fundraising competition for Explore
are: 4B – 1st Place, 3A – 2nd Place, KA – 3rd Place. Special Kudos to Ms. Lakinda Brown was our top seller for the faculty!
These 3 classes have won special class trip to be announced in January. We understand given the cold weather, we will allow teachers to differ to spring if they so choose
It is important we stay up on our summer studies so I students don’t fall behind during the summer months! Help us make sure everyone completes their summer homework assignments and return to school prepared and ready for another amazing year!
NOTE: The math packet is substantially thicker versus the reading packet for each grade. This is because students will receive a series of books/novels next week that are resources for summer reading. The Reading packet is a compliment to these books.
Mandatory Report Card Pick Up
Families are required to come to the building to pick up report cards and receive summer work. You may stop by during these hours:
– Wednesday, June 26th @ 2:30-7:00pm
– Thursday, June 27th @ 12:30-4:00 pm
– Friday, June 28th @ 7:00am-1:00pm
Summer Reading & Term 5 Report Card Pick Up
There are three important initiatives that we need families to be aware of this summer:
1) Summer Reading Books – students will receive one fiction and one nonfiction book of their choosing to keep and to read over the summer
2) I-Ready Assignments – students will complete 8 math assignments and 8 reading assignments on the online website, I-Ready. This is due by the day of orientation on August 21st or August 22nd.
Letter to Parents – 19-20 Summer Letter To Families
For the 19-20 academic year Explore Charter School is working to provide all supplies that students and classrooms may need. Doing this will hopefully alleviate a financial burden on our families. If families wish to provide resources, we ask you to only provide them for your child(ren) and not for the classroom. Additionally, please only provide as much (of the following items) as might be needed at one time. Do not send bulk-purchased supplies with your child(ren) on the first day of school.
If you wish to provide your child(ren) with any supplies for the coming year, please provide the following:
- 2-3 pencils
- 1 large pink eraser
- 1 glue stick
- 2-3 pens
- 1 vinyl pouch to store pens, pencils, and other resources
- 1 small tube or bottle of hand sanitizer
- Either 1 wide-rule notebook or a 3-ring binder and a pack of wide-ruled loose leaf paper to put
- inside the binder
- A 12-pack of colored pencils
- A small box of crayons
We have a full stock of uniforms right now! This will change quickly!
Youth Short Sleeves – $10.00 / Youth Long Sleeves – $11.00
Adult Short Sleeves – $11.00 / Adult Long Sleeves – $12.00
Sweatshirts – $15.00 for all sizes!
LIGHT BLUE (Grades K – 2nd) – Youth sizes 3/4 up to 18/20 available
ROYAL BLUE (Grades 3rd – 5th) – Youth sizes 3/4 up to 18/20 AND Adult size Small and Medium available
NAVY BLUE (Grades 6th – 8th) – Youth sizes 3/4 up to 18/20 AND Adult size Small and Medium available
You can also purchase uniforms all year round, at the regular price from Cookies Department Store. Just enter Explore’s Source Code: ECSES.
All K-5 families are required to donate ‘class-sized’ serving (30 students) of snacks along with your school supplies. Snack are important to fuel our growing learners during the school day.
We appreciate your support!
– Dry cereal or any food item that comes with the school breakfast bags
– A snack-sized serving of pretzels
– Fruit that are pre-sliced or naturally easy to eat (for example: apple wedges, grapes, raisins or dried fruit, etc.)
– Sliced Vegetables (for example: carrot sticks, celery sticks, zucchini sticks etc.)
– Granola/Breakfast bars
– Cheese Sticks or Cubed Cheese
– Nuts or Trail Mix
– Students are allowed to drink water during snack time.
Click on “Student Portal” on the menu bar to find your Winter Break Packets!